Dental Bonding In Clearwater, FL
Dental bonding is a common treatment option that’s usually used:
- To close the spaces between teeth
- To repair decayed teeth
- To make teeth appear longer
- To improve the shape or color of teeth
- To repair a chipped or cracked tooth
- To reduce sensitivity to hot or cold when gums recede
Call us at (727) 797-5161 today to learn more!
The Tooth Bonding Procedure
Dental bonding is a relatively comfortable procedure, with anesthesia rarely needed unless the bonding is to repair a decayed tooth. If, however, anesthesia is needed, you will be numbed.
Your dentist will then use a shad guide to select a resin color that most closely matches the natural color of your teeth. This is to ensure that the bonding material blends into your smile and does not look too white or too yellow.
The surface of your tooth will then be roughened to ensure that the resin bonds completely with the tooth. The resin is then applied to the tooth and smoothed and molded to fit the tooth. The resin is then cured using an ultraviolet light. The bonding will then be polished so it is smooth and matches the rest of the tooth surfaces. The bonding process takes about 30-60 minutes to complete per tooth.
Why Northwood Dental?
- Your first full exam, xrays and cleaning (in the absence of gum disease) is only $89
- Our Practice Features Three Expert Doctors
- We Offer a Wide Range of Dental Treatments