Happy Holidays! View Holiday Hours.
Composite Fillings In Clearwater, FL
Composite fillings (resin filling) are similar in function to amalgam fillings, however, they are nearly undetectable due to their ability to be color-matched to surrounding teeth. Composite fillings have numerous advantages when compared with traditional amalgam and continue to grow in popularity. If your concern is broken, chipped, or worn teeth, composite fillings may be the right option for you.
The Advantages Of Composite Fillings (Resin Filling)
- A composite filling’s ability to be color matched to the surrounding teeth affords the option to use composite fillings in highly visible areas, such as front teeth.
- The strong bond achieved with the use of composite fillings actually strengthens the tooth structure. The resin filling chemically bonds to the tooth itself.
- Resin filling material is undetectable when you smile, talk, or laugh. Composite fillings look completely natural.
- The adaptable nature of resin filling material allows the dentist to use it not only for fillings but also to repair chipped or broken teeth, restoring them to their natural shape and size.
- The composite fillings require less of the tooth structure to be removed for placement as a result of the chemical bond.
- Composite fillings are comprised of a mixture of plastic and glass. There is no metal in a resin filling nor is there any mercury.
Composite Filling Process
From a patient’s perspective, the composite filling process is simple and easy. Patients are numbed for comfort and any tooth decay is completely removed. Resin filling material is bonded to your remaining tooth structure in layers. These layers of resin filling are cured, or hardened, with a special light. The resin filling is then shaped to match your bite and polished to prevent the resin filling material from staining.