Crowns And Bridges
Let Northwood Dental In Clearwater Restore Your Smile
What is a dental crown?
A crown is basically a cap that is fitted over your tooth by a dentist. Crown color and shape are custom matched to your natural teeth to restore the function and appearance of your natural teeth. When you see a dentist for crowns, there are generally three visits.
On the first visit with a dentist for crowns, a patient’s tooth is prepared by reshaping to accommodate the crown. An impression is taken by the dentist for crowns and used to replicate the natural shape of the tooth. A temporary crown will be placed by your dentist. Crown manufacturing may take up to three weeks.
Reasons To See A Dentist For Crowns In Clearwater, FL
- You have a large filling and there is little remaining tooth structure, requiring the dentist to crown the tooth.
- You need a root canal which requires a dentist to crown the tooth.
- Your teeth are weakening and need a dentist to crown the teeth to prevent further cracking or breakage.
- You need a bridge to be placed by a dentist. A crown will be placed on either side of the missing tooth to hold the bridge in place.
- Your teeth are misshapen or unsightly and you would like to see a dentist for crowns to change their appearance.
Crowns And Bridges
Crowns and Bridges are commonly used during restorative procedures. Porcelain crowns are commonly used to close large gaps between teeth or to restore broken or fractured teeth. Bridges are an excellent restoration for those missing one or many teeth but not all. Bridges can replace those missing teeth and help restore some chewing and speaking function.
What To Expect When Seeing A Dentist For Crowns And Bridges
Seeing a dentist for crowns will also restore your teeth utilizing bridges. Bridges are a dental appliance that is used to span the space of a missing tooth. Bridges are made up of dentist crowns. When you see a dentist for crowns and bridges, the teeth surrounding the undesirable space are prepared to support the bridge. Teeth are reshaped by your dentist for crowns. They must accommodate the interim crown. A visit for bridges is similar to seeing a dentist for crowns.
Why Northwood Dental?
- Your first full exam, xrays and cleaning (in the absence of gum disease) is only $89
- Our Practice Features Three Expert Doctors
- We Offer a Wide Range of Dental Treatments